Monday, October 22, 2007

Fun At The Pumpkin Patch

Tonight I took the kids to pick out their Halloween pumpkins. Rachel's darling friend Rylee came with us too. Dad was working. Yeah, the last few posts you are probably thinking..... where is the cute Dad of this family?? Well, he has picked up an little job painting a basement to earn some extra holiday cash. So, he is usually out working while we are gallivanting around the town doing fun and crazy stuff. I have the hardest working husband EVER! Thanks baby, for all that you do! Anyway, the pumpkin patch was fun. They had a "haunted maze" that looked fairly low key. We all decided to to inside. About 10 steps in Rachel and Tate started screaming at the top of their lungs. Tate jumped into my arms and Rachel started running around in circles freaking out! I scooped her up in my arms and ran back out the entrance. I was able to get them calmed down and focused of picking out their pumpkins. I feel so bad. I hope I haven't totally damaged my kids peace of mind. So, needless to say, there are no pictures of the maze. Luckily there was a fun wheel barrow wagon and I took them for a ride around to view the rows of pumpkins. Each of them picked their favorite. We took some pictures, watched the sun set & then I took them for ice cream at Artic Circle. All in all.... it was a fun night out! Happy Halloween!

Ok, good... still smiling!!
You'd never know I had just traumatized them in the haunted maze! Whsheeew!

The kids love using the camera. They do a great job!
Mitch took this one...
Oh, well maybe there is a glimpse of the maze...
click on this picture to enlarge it and look in the top right corner...

Rachel took this one...
can't remember what Rachel said to make Tate giggle like that!

The wheel barrow wagon that saved the day!

Mitchell helped Tate pick the perfect pumpkin!

9 comments:

Jill said...

Great pictures! And I'm impressed how well your kids do with the camera! I guess I need to be a little more trusting for my aspiring photogs....

Lauren B. said...

Hi Staci,

It is so fun to look at your blog. Your kids are so cute and you & Kevin look great too!

I have lots of good memories of you. I remember going on the ATV ride with you, I remember going to see your parents house in Draper with the horses, I remember you putting a yellow bag of gummy bears for me in my mailbox one day with a cute note, and I remember you taking me to lunch on my birthday one year. What a good "sister" you were to me. I also remember how happy I was to see you in my Murray ward right after Ramie and I were married!

I'm glad you found Ali's blog and sent me a note. It's really good to hear from you. I think you are great and I look forward to seeing more of your cute family through your blog!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Staci,

I loved seeing your blog and your beautiful kids and especially want you to know how much I love you.

Call me when you can get together,

ellen

d.r. gib said...

I am sure the kids won't remember the scary part of the maze, just having fun. They look so cute.

TNTWilliams said...

What a fun night. Thank you letting Rylee tag along. She feels like family with the ba-dina's. Too cute! love ya

Tate Family said...

Cutest blog! Loved your pics! Hope you are all well--picked you up off of Ali's blog.
Julie
www.djtatertots.blogspot.com

Stout Family Blog said...

Staci
So glad to see you have started a blog!! I love checking in with you guys and seeing the kids!! They are getting so big. I know my blog is so sad, we have been gone so much lately.We need to plan a trip to St. George, that would be so much fun. I am glad our parents our living close to each other again. Just like the good-old-days-huh!! Keep in touch, and lets all get together soon. Love ya, Julie

cathy said...

Hi Staci,
I love your blog! Your kids are so adorable, I can't believe how much Rachel looks like you! I always hear about you from my parents and now it will fun to check your blog and see what you're up to! I've added you to my blog so I'll be sure and check in often!
love,
Cathy

Jill said...

Stace - I tagged you! See my blog for rules....