Wednesday, July 30, 2008

OUR FIRST TRIATHLON!!

Kevin and I competed in our FIRST triathlon last Saturday! We were in Burley, Idaho for the Spudman. What an exilerating experience!!! We finished very proud and had a TON of fun! Here are some great pictures THANKS to TENILLE!!! She, Rylee, Boston, Mitchell and Rachel were our cheering section.... Tenille was the star kid wrangler and athlete photographer! We LOVE ya Nille-mom!

Now those are a couple of happy faces!!
(Kev can even hold me on his back after all that! WHAT A MAN!)

The kids had a blast and were SO good!

We had a fun car ride chatting and goofing around!

The race consisted of a 1 mile swim in the Snake River... A 26 mile bike ride... and a 6.2 mile run! This is us before the swim... My wave was just about to begin...Mitchell and Rachel were there to toss us into the river!!!

Ok, that's a scary picture... but I figured I'd post it anyway! Wow, bright swim cap, goggle eyes... and cavity free! That's what a swimming Dental Hygienist looks like before a big race! Click on and enlarge at OWN risk!!

We were so happy to have 2 of our 3 cute kiddos there to watch the race! That meant a lot to us! Tate stayed at home. We missed ya buddy!

Getting ready for the swim start! Can you see me with my arms up!! Geeez.... always about the pictures.... Get your head in the game Stac!!

Kev had the fashionable orange cap! Lookin' hot babe!

Kev the fish

My swim wave waiting for the GO horn!
(I was a few heads to the outside of the orange and white buoy)

Travis, Kev and I taking our bikes to the T1 bike transition the day before!

They had a carb dinner for us the night before the race. I'm talkin a plate load of carbs!

There were rows and rows of bikes... we set things up just right for a quick transition from our wet suits to the bike!

This is T2 the bike to run transition. We crossed the bike finish line and then quickly racked our bike and put on our running shoes for the last 10K run. Beautiful country huh? The trees up there were gorgeous!

Another view of the T2 area. We had our running shoes and hats set out there the night before.

bikes heading in to the T2 area


We have some video of us coming from bike to run..... and then running to the finish line that I will try and post asap! There aren't any still pictures... the running course was out on the dirt roads and through the town of Burley... Fun stuff!


THE FINISH LINE!!!
WE DID IT!!!

Such a proud moment!

Paul, Kevin and Travis!
The guys trained together over the months.... way to go studmen!!

Group shot! What a FANTASTIC way to spend a Saturday morning! Bryan Flamm was also there... we missed him for this pitcure!

~SEE YA NEXT YEAR BURLEY~

**WE WOULD LIKE TO OFFER OUR MOST HEART FELT CONDOLENSES TO THE FAMILY OF DONALD MOREHOUSE. DONALD WENT UNDER IN THE 6TH SWIM WAVE OF THE MORNING. WE EXTEND OUR LOVE TO HIS WIFE AND FAMILY AND MANY FRIENDS. WE ARE SO VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.**

13 comments:

The Peterson 5 said...

That's awesome!! You guys are brave & STRONG souls....Running after swimming & biking...my body aches just thinking about it!! You should be proud of yourselves, that is a great accomplishment!!

Tiffany said...

YOu go girl!!! I am so proud of you. And even more proud that you're already looking forward to next year! You're amazing. Congrats Babe!!!

d.r. gib said...

Way to go! I am so impressed, i can't even run around the block. i heard about the man that passed away during the race. So sad. Glad you are guys mad it through just fine. Congrats!!!!

Natallee said...

I am soooo proud of you!! I can't wait to hear the details. You are amazing!!

Heather said...

Staci-you look awesome-skinny! I don't think I could even walk a mile-seriously. How fun that you and Kev do this together. I haven't been to Utah in about 4 years. Mike and Norma moved up there a couple months ago. We are poor right now so I don't see it happening. I'm glad we keep in touch over blogs. I think you have a great family! Take Care, Love,- Heather

Lauren B. said...

Staci and Kevin,

I am so impressed! That is a huge accomplishment.

You guys are awesome!

TNTWilliams said...

You're my hero-I will be there next year with my camera in hand! Much love!

Jill said...

I'm SO PROUD of you guys! I've been meaning to call back but this week (with the reunion) was CRAZY! I was so glad to get your message and then see pictures up on your blog! Really, that's a HUGE accomplishment and so fun that you and Kev did it together! Love ya cuz!

Do anything you can afford said...

Congrats to you two. I agree that is awesome that you wanted to and did accomplished this goal. Great going!! Loves

Roger Gibson said...

Holy cow! You guys are an inspiration. The only exercise I get is riding my bike to take the kids to school. I think I need to boost it up a bit.

Jenn said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! I have admired you for several years for various reasons, but i am in Aww! A triathlon is an amazing feat....Congrats! I am so very impressed! How fun to do something so rewarding and intense with your Kevin. So proud of you two.

Jessica said...

Wow, looks like FUN!!! I love the photo of the cavity free dental hygienist swimmer!!! Soooo cute, way to go!!!

Rachel said...

Yeah - so proud of you! Sign me up for next year - oh Scary! Seriously, what an accomplishment- something to check off the list, right? I miss you tons and am up for a get together anytime. Love YA!