Thursday, July 24, 2008

DAYS OF 47'

I absolutely love the month of July! I am so grateful to live in a free country and have the opportunity to honor our great Nation and the men and women who have fought for and continue fighting for those rights! I feel equally as blessed to live in such a wonderful state where the gospel is so abundant. I love the 24th of July holiday! What a testimony to our early brothers and sisters who set such a great example of faith. I am always so humbled when I think of the sacrifices made by the Pioneers and the great love they had for our Father in Heaven!
Our family had a fun week celebrating Draper Days the Saturday before the 24th. We spent time at the carnival and watched fireworks at night. On Monday we met our cousins at the South Towne Expo for the float preview party and were able to see up close many of the floats that participated in the parade! The 24th day was spent swimming and goofing around the house. That night we went to the Mayan for dinner and then did our own fireworks in the driveway. Pyromaniacs.... it's all about lighting the fireworks for the kids! What a fun week! I took a ton of pictures as usual so below is a slide show of all 3 days of fun! HAPPY PIONEER DAY!

0 comments: