Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sunday December 23rd

Joseph Smith Dec 23, 1805 to June 27, 1844

We had a wonderful Sabbath day! The kids looked beautiful! What a true joy it is to be able to celebrate the birth of a loving Savior and to also honor the prophet Joseph Smith on his birthday! This evening Kevin and I were also able to attend the baptism of a friend in our neighborhood. I feel so incredibly grateful and humbled tonight as I reflect on my many blessings and the many opportunities that we are given to strengthen our testimonies each and every day! I am looking forward to the next couple of days and hope that we might carry with us the wonderful spirit that today has brought!

Ok, so the boys ties are a little long... they both wanted to wear "real" ties today. No 'clip on' or 'zipper ties'... so I surprised them this morning with these. I think they look so handsome. They will probably be able to wear them until they leave on missions! And Rachel looked darling today as well. I just love the Sunday before Christmas! The primary sang a song in the program. Tate went up on stage as well. It brought tears to my eyes to see my children singing about the birth of Our Savior!

I had to include this as well. Rachel drew this picture after we got home from church. She was in her room for quite a while and came out with this. I am going to frame it. What a beautiful testimony from a 5 year old girl. She explained everything in the picture. I especially love the words she wrote above. "Bathlaham" & "Mare hand Joseph" Thanks Rachel! You are an amazing child of our Heavenly Father!

3 comments:

Natallee said...

ok- This is so sweet!! I love this! I did notice Tate up on stage on Sunday and it was so cute! You have got the most darling kids! I love ya and hope you have a great Christmas!!

PS- I put the password thing back on my blog and I need your email so I can put you in there. Just email me your address.
natlimae@yahoo.com

Jill said...

I love it Staci! And what a beautiful testimony of our Savior! Your kids are beautiful and Rachel's picture is precious! Love you guys!

TNTWilliams said...

I hope your holidays have been wonderful. When we drive by your house we think of all the fun you are having with you mom and dad in town. Was SANTA good to you? I love your post. I almost love the few days prior to Christmas than the actual day-well almost. I love the excitement in everyone!! I think Rachel's picture is priceless. Love ya!